When Lynn's son Zane was four, she called Raising Special Kids and found the support and assistance she needed to help her family face the bewildering challenges of autism, ... Keep Reading
Parent Training and Information
Raising Special Kids is Arizona's Parent Training and Information (PTI) Center . PTI Centers are established under Part D of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) under a grant from the United States Department of Education; each state has at least one PTI Center.
Meeting the Standard of Excellence
Raising Special Kids is honored to have received the highest of three achievement awards for a Parent Center - The 2013 Excellence Award from the National and Regional Parent Technical Assistance Centers funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP).
As the PTI Center for Arizona, we work throughout the state serving families of children and young adults from birth to age 26 with all types of disability, including: physical, intellectual, behavioral, emotional, and learning disabilities.
We help families:
- Obtain appropriate education and services for their children with disabilities
- Work to improve education results for all children
- Resolve problems between families and schools or other agencies
- Connect families to community resources that address their needs
We also provide workshops to help parents understand the special education process, including information on:
- Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Procedural Safeguards
- Dispute Resolution
- Behavioral Issues
- Transition Plans
- Other issues related to special education