Heysi Notario was really excited to participate in the 2014 Virginia G. Piper Sports and Fitness Center (SpoFit) IronKids event sponsored by United Healthcare. He found out ... Keep Reading
Emergency Preparedness Fact Sheet from Raising Special Kids
Finding Medications and Supplies During/After a Disaster
- Healthcare Ready (formerly Rx Response) was established in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina by the trade associations comprising the bio-pharmaceutical supply chain and the American Red Cross. It serves as a central point of contact to strengthen healthcare supply chains during times of crisis. When a disaster occurs, Healthcare Ready also activates Rx Open maps to help the public and emergency responders see where pharmacies are open and closed in the affected area. Healthcare Ready also works with local, state and federal government agencies and industry partners to develop working relationships in preparation for disasters, including major natural disasters, pandemics or acts of terrorism.
- Do 1 Thing – A free 12-month program that makes it easy to prepare for emergencies or disasters by doing one thing each month. http://do1thing.com
- Federal Emergency Management Agency http://www.ready.gov/
- Arizona Emergency Information Network http://www.azein.gov/azein
- Just In Case Arizona http://www.justincasearizona.
- County emergency departments in Arizona http://www.dem.azdema.gov/
- Pediatric Emergency Preparedness http://www.
- Brochure: Prepare for Emergencies Now: Information for People with Disabilitieshttp://www.ready.gov/sites/
- Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools Technical Assistance Centerhttp://rems.ed.gov
- National Organization on Disability http://www.nod.org/research_
- Emergency Preparedness for People with Disabilities Guide and Checklisthttp://download.journals.
elsevierhealth.com/pdfs/ journals/0003-9993/ PIIS0003999311008331.pdf
- Emergency Preparedness Guidebook from Dad’s 4 Special Kids http://dads4specialkids.com/
- Preparing for Disaster for People with Disabilities and other Special Needshttp://www.redcross.org/
images/MEDIA_ CustomProductCatalog/m4240199_ A4497.pdf
- Red Cross Apps www.redcross.org/prepare/
- Citizen Corps http://www.ready.gov/citizen-
- Red Cross http://www.redcross.org/