Raising Special Kids provides critical programs and services information, training, mentoring and family support) to families of children with disabilities and special health care needs, youth and young adults with disabilities, professionals that serve those families and youth, and the general public. The vast majority of the people we serve, and Raising Special Kids staff, are parents of children who have disabilities that may or may not have medical conditions with compromised immune systems. In an abundance of caution and taking into account the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS), Raising Special Kids has taken the following action:
- In-person workshops and trainings for all audiences are canceled until further notice
- In-person 1:1 individual assistance appointments will be canceled and service will be provided by phone or online conferencing
- In-person meetings with community partners or professionals will be changed to phone or online conferencing
- Generally cancel, postpone, or change program and service delivery that is currently scheduled to be delivered in-person.
The organization continues to support parents and families of children who have disabilities with family support, information, training and mentoring via phone, email, online conferencing and other technology solutions through:
- Existing online recorded webinars and online training
- Individual consultation assistance in areas of healthcare and education with highly trained Family Support Specialists via phone: 602-242-4366 or 800-237-3007 (toll-free)
- Parent to Parent Support with trained Parent Leaders
- Information dissemination through:
Guidance from the CDC, guidance from ADHS and the implementation of these measures will be monitored daily by the Raising Special Kids Communications, Protection, Readiness (CPR) Team, and will be adjusted as needed.
Raising Special Kids