What Can a Family Expect From Raising Special Kids?
Confidentiality, understanding, and a connection to useful information, training, and consultations.
Within 48 hours of receiving a referral, a member of our Family Support Team will contact with you to determine how we may assist your family.
Programs and services are provided at no charge
Programs and services for families:
- Assistance and support at all ages and stages of your child’s development from birth to age 26.
- Individual problem-solving support to understand and access the programs, health plans, and services your child may need.
- Accurate, authoritative information related to your child’s disability or special health condition.
- Special education consultations, training, and problem-resolution.
- Parent-to-parent connections with a trained parent “mentor” who has a child with a similar diagnosis and is skilled at providing information and support.
- Workshops and training geared to increase advocacy skills, and improve your ability to work with professionals on your child’s educational and medical needs.
- Referrals to agencies, organizations, and community resources with expertise to meet your family needs.